Sunday, October 3, 2010

Prettyful Pictures For Dummies

Hey bitches! I decided to make a tutorial for hawt pictures because I DESPISE those vile CAS screens that all the lazy bitches churn out. So, I'm no graphic designer, but here goes nothing.

IN GAME WORK



1. MAKE A "PHOTO STUDIO"






















- For example, I'll be using a blue background, and a pink background. I'll be matching these colours in the image editing programme later.










2. ADD A ROOF












-Self explanatory.

3. ADD LIGHTS


-Add those square fluorescent lights in a line.






-Then add those floor length "V" shaped lights in two corners







4. ADD PAINT

- Paint the walls and floor pure white. No textures. Use the white swatch in the "misc." catergory







5. TURN ON THE "moveobjects on" CHEAT

6. MOVE YOUR SIM INTO AN ISOLATED CORNER







7. HOW THE ROOM SHOULD BE LAID OUT







8. ADDING COLOUR

- Before you start, you should have an idea of what colour you'd like the background to be (obviously, lawl)







~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IMAGE EDITING

Open up "Gimp" or whatever software you use on a clean white file. (Choose size you need)

1. I'm going to use the "Blend" tool, as shown.












2. You're going to change the shape to "Radial"











3. Change the change the colour to whatever you choose. Here are the "blue" and "pink" options.







4. Drag from the center as far as you like.









5. You should get this effect.




6. Ok, now you're gonna open up the screens you took in game.






                       7. Once you've opened the screenshot, you'll want to open a new transparent file.



8. Copy and paste the screenshot onto the transparent file.

9. Select the "fuzzy select tool"



10. Click on the blue/pink background and press "delete" on the keyboard.



11. Keep going till the background is completely deleted.



12. Copy that image, then paste it onto the background you created in "STEP 5"




Yay! Pretty. I hope you'll do a nicer job than this, these were just whipped up quick. Here are the examples of this technique:






Hope you enjoyed, and that I helped! I know its a little shitty in places, but still, I hope I got the basic point across. Bye!

NOTE: 

-The sim in the pics is my Anna Paquin sim who I put up here today.
-I used "GIMP" but I'm sure Photoshop has the same principle.

2 comments:

  1. I just started to perfect my screenshot taking, but this is a very handy tut for me to try in the distant future once I get sick of my look again :) Thanks Alan, it makes Sims really stand out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, its dodgy enough, but I'm still learning too. I just discovered really nice pics another user had made and tried to replicate them, and it was surprisingly easy, so I decided to share. And like I said, I hate those CAS preview pics! It's like, put some effort in! :P

    ReplyDelete